Today’s blog focuses on creating a positive and realistic ‘ inner voice ’ within ourselves. It is important to take time and effort to sustain and pay attention to our attributes, skills, and humanity. Many of us can tend to be harsh, demanding, and critical with ourselves, which can result in low mood, poor self-acceptance, impaired relationships, or anxiety. Why not take some time today to identify which of these statements fit for you.
1) I’m responsible and can be in control of my life.
2) Circumstances are what they are, but I can choose my attitude toward them.
3) I am setting priorities and making time for what is important in my life.
4) Life has its challenges and its satisfactions. I enjoy the adventure of life. Every challenge that comes along is an opportunity to learn and grow.
5) I accept the natural ups and downs of life.
6) I love and accept myself the way I am.
7) I deserve the good things in life as much as anyone else.
8) I am open to discovering new meaning in my life.
9) It’s never too late to change. I am improving one step at a time.
10) I am innately healthy, strong, and capable of fully recovering. I am getting better every day.
11) I am committed to overcoming my difficulties by taking small steps at my own pace.
12) I am learning to love myself and be comfortable by myself.
13) If someone doesn't return my love, I’ll let it go and move on.
14) I am learning to be at peace with myself and enjoy my company when I’m alone.
15) I respect and believe in myself apart from others’ opinions.
16) I can accept and learn from constructive criticism.
17) I’m learning to be myself around others. It’s important to take care of my own needs.
18) It’s O.K. to be myself around others.
19)I appreciate my achievements, and I’m much more than all of them put together.
20) I am learning how to balance work and play in my life.
If you need further help with your self-image and managing your emotions in a different and more helpful way. Please feel free to contact us for an appointment with our Psychologist.
The second section of this blog will follow in the coming days!