Listening to our Inner Voice is something that we might not do as much as we should do. In the first section of this blog we discussed another list of Encouraging thoughts which can be used to help you feel more positively about yourself. See which of the below statements applies to you:
1) I am learning that there is more to life than success. The greatest success is living well.
2) I’m a unique and capable person just as I am. I am satisfied doing the best I can.
3) It’s O.K. to make mistakes. I’m willing to accept my mistakes, and learn from them.
4) I’m willing to allow others to help and support me. I acknowledge my need for other people.
5) I am willing to take the risk of getting close to someone.
6) I am learning to relax and let go. I’m learning to accept those things I can’t control.
7) When I love and care for myself, I am best able to be generous to others.
8) It’s O.K. to be upset when things go wrong.
9) I’m O.K. if I don’t always have a quick answer to every problem.
10) It’s O.K. to make time to rest and relax.
11) I do the best I can and I’m satisfied with that.
12) It’s O.K. if I’m unable to always foresee everything.
13) It’s O.K. to be angry sometimes. I am learning to accept and express my angry feelings appropriately.
14) I’m learning to be honest with others, even when I’m not feeling pleasant or nice.
15) I believe that I am a valuable person. I am learning to let go of guilt.
16) I believe that I can change. I am willing to change and grow.
17) Worrying about a problem is the real problem. Doing something about it will make a difference for the better.
18) I’m learning to let go of worrying. I can replace worrying with constructive action.
19) I’m making a commitment to myself to do what I can to overcome my problem by__________________.
20) Nobody’s perfect-and I’m learning (or willing) to go easier on myself.
21) I’m willing to become (or to learn to become) self-sufficient.
22) Add your own……
If you need further help with your self-image and managing your emotions in a different and more helpful way. Please feel free to contact us for an appointment with our Psychologist.